Karma O Networking Events

Listen to internet radio with LotteryDreamer on Blog Talk Radio

Monday, September 26, 2011

Spiritually on the right path

A while back, I got interested in Buddhism, I've studied many religions and after a horrible situation, now I realize it wasn't a bad situation for me but for the other person involved, I found a mantra.

This mantra beckoned to me. And for some reason, settled my spirit. I've not chanted the mantra nor thought about it after the hatred I had for this person and what I had allowed them to take me through had diminished.

FLASH FORWARD:

On the plane yesterday, I closed my eyes for a brief second and saw what was considered yesterday, I was looking at myself in the mirror and then noticed that my right pinky finger was bleeding. It wasn't but the vision was so vivid I looked for a cut. I then flashed into CESS and realized that there is a space between and nothingness...

We'll talk about it soon. Anyhow, as I began to aerate into the nothingness I heard the mantra. It was very feint at first then a little more prominent. It radiates my presence! This morning as I awakened the mantra stayed with me and it is continually playing in my spirit as I pen this brief blog.

Om Mani Padme Hum (Sanskrit) or Om Mani Peme Hung (Tibetan)
it's simple meaning: Infinite Compassion

For Tibetan Buddhists, "jewel in the lotus" represents bodhichitta and the wish for liberation from the Six Realms

Bodhichitta -- "awakened heart-mind"
The Six Realms -- are an allegorical description of conditioned existence, or samsara, into which beings are reborn.

SIDE BAR: The realms are:

1. Deva-gati, the Realm of Devas (Gods) and Heavenly Beings
the Deva realm is populated by godlike beings who enjoy great power, wealth and long life. They live in splendor and happiness. Yet even the Deva grow old and die. Further, their privilege and exalted status blind them to the suffering of others, so in spite of their long lives they have neither wisdom nor compassion. The privileged Deva will be reborn in another of the Six Realms.

2. Asura-gati, the Realm of Asura (Titans)

the Asura this way: "Always desiring to be superior to others, having no patience for inferiors and belittling strangers; like a hawk, flying high above and looking down on others, and yet outwardly displaying justice, worship, wisdom, and faith -- this is raising up the lowest order of good and walking the way of the Asuras." You may have known an Asura or two.

3. Preta-gati, the Realm of Hungry Ghosts
Hungry ghosts (preta) are pictured as beings with huge, empty stomachs, but they have pinhole mouths, and their necks are so thin they cannot swallow. A hungry ghost is one who is always looking outside himself for the new thing that will satisfy the craving within. Hungry ghosts are characterized by insatiable hunger and craving. They are also associated with addiction, obsession and compulsion

4. Naraka-gati, the Hell Realm
As the name suggests, the Hell Realm is the most terrible of the Six Realms. Hell beings have a short fuse; everything makes them angry. And the only way hell beings deal with things that make them angry is through aggression -- attack, attack, attack! They drive away anyone who shows them love and kindness and seek out the company of other hell beings

5. Tiryagyoni-gati, the Animal Realm
Animal beings are marked by stupidity, prejudice and complacency. They live sheltered lives, avoiding discomfort or anything unfamiliar.

6. Manusya-gati, the Human Realm
The Human Realm is the only realm of the six from which beings may escape samsara.

No comments:

Post a Comment